We work with leaders to create actionable strategies that enhance markets and livelihoods through adaptation to climate change.
Let us help you prioritize your resources and protect your investments. Our services include:
· Climate Resilience Project Financing
· Local & National Resilience Policy
· Vulnerability Assessments
· Business Continuity Planning
· Risk Reduction Strategies and Tools
· Seminars and Workshops
· Community Engagement and Partnerships
Climate-related disruption is a threat to lives and livelihoods:
- In August 2017, over 50 million people worldwide were affected by flooding. In 2016, the US experienced sixteen $1 billion weather and climate events.
Businesses that made a $7,400 investment to reduce extreme weather risk ahead of Hurricane Katrina averted an average of $1.5 million in losses.
Globally, the cost of disaster events is up to $300 billion a year
- $6 billion in disaster risk management strategies would generate total benefits in terms of risk reduction of $360 billion.
76% of executives see bottom-line risks from the physical impacts of climate change.
- By the end of the century, global incomes could decrease 23% due to climate change, significantly hampering the growth of the middle class market.
(Sources: CDP, Global News, International Disaster Database; National Geographic, NOAA, Prevention Web, Quartz, Stanford, Thompson Reuters Foundation, UNFCCC, Zwillow)
There are significant opportunities to prevent the avoidable and manage the unpreventable in the new era of climate change.
Given scientific predictions of extreme heat, rain and snow, flooding, coastal storms, sea level rise, disease, fires and drought, it’s time to create sustainable solutions that build stronger communities for today and the future. With a changing climate, an emphasis on greenhouse gas emission reduction is important. At the same time, there is a growing necessity to adapt to climate stresses and shocks.
A positive future is possible. We can help. Climate Resilient Consulting:
· Delivers practical, real world solutions for capital assets, supply chains and communities with collateral benefits across the value chain to support enhanced livelihoods, strong regions and growing markets.
· Creates projects that encompass technical, policy, social and economic assets and focus on resilience to emerging risks that affect infrastructure, health, ecosystems, food, water, buildings, workforce and customers.
· Helps you earn the license to operate, create market-expansion before the competition and distinguish yourself as a unique and foresightful sustainability leader, ensuring a better future for all of your stakeholders.